The upcoming Cuba Energy & Infrastructure Finance Summit is co-organized and co-hosted by IJGlobal, New Energy Events, Cuba’s Center for Renewable Energy (CETER) and the Instituto Superior Politécnico José Antonio Echeverría (CUJAE). Thirty VIP government and energy industry officials have been chosen by the Cuban government to speak at the Summit.
It will take place on September 1 – 2, at the Melia Cohiba Hotel, La Habana.
The first Cuba Energy & Infrastructure Finance Summit is an invitation-only event.
The speakers will include:
- Stuart Allen, IJGlobal’s CEO,
- Katia Alonso, Director of Business, Ministry of Foreign Trade & Investment,
- Pedro Barbachan Bagés, Director of Business, Unión Eléctrica (UNE),
- Rosell Guerra Campaña, Director of Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy & Mines,
- Felix Gutierrez, Director of Technical Issues, Ministry of Tourism,
- Bárbara Hernández Martínez, Director of Power Generation, AZCUBA/Grupo Azucarero (Cuba Sugar Industry),
- Andrew MacDonald, CEO, Havana Energy,
- Ramsés Montes Calzadilla, Director, Electricity Policy & Planning, Ministry of Energy & Mines,
- Lourdes Morell Santos, Director of Europe, Chamber of Commerce,
- Delice Moreno Garcia, Director, National Electricity Engineering & Projects Company (INEL) & Cuba’s Wind Program,
- Prof. Dr. Conrado Moreno, Director, Center of Study for Renewable Energy Technologies (CETER),
- Miguel Pérez, Director, Renewable Energy Sources Investment Company (EDIFRE),
- Matthew Perks, Chief Executive Officer, New Energy Events,
- Jesús Suárez Hernández, Executive Director, Cuban Project Biomass,
- Jose Suarez Leon, Director of Energy, Cuban Ministry of Agriculture (MINAGRI),
- Roberto Verrier Castro, Director, ProCuba
Last week New Energy Events presented an excellent webinar on investing in Cuba’s renewable energy sector. The webinar featured speakers Chris Bennett, Managing Director of the Caribbean Council, Lee Evans, Senior Policy Advisor at Engage Cuba, David Lenigas, Chairman of the Board at LCG Capital , and Hermenegildo Altozano, Energy & Utilities advisor and partner at Bird & Bird Projects.
An invitation to attend can be requested from the New Energy Events Cuba website.
Follow updates on Twitter @newenergyevents and #CUBA2016